Regency Fireplace Safety Tips
Regency's fireplace products are designed to safely provide years of comfort, warmth and relaxation. To ensure the overall enjoyment and safety of your fireplace we want to make sure you are familiar with the precautions and operating instructions when enjoying your Regency hearth product. Please take the time to review these helpful tips:
FIREPLACE SAFETY TIPS:
- It is important to remember that the glass panels and surface in and around all fireplaces and stoves can become extremely hot due to the high efficiency of these products.
- After turning off your gas fireplace or stove, wait for the appliance and glass panel to cool down before allowing anyone to get near it. The glass may remain warm from a lit pilot light. Metal surfaces, such as door frames and grilles, may also get very hot.
- Make sure all visitors are aware of the hot temperature of the glass panel of a fireplace or stove. Never leave young children alone near an operating fireplace or stove.
- Discuss fireplace and stove safety with children, and make sure they know they should never touch the glass panel of a fireplace or stove.
- A physical barrier is recommended if there are children in the house. To restrict access to a fireplace or stove, install an adjustable safety gate to keep young children out of the room and away from the hot surface.
- If your Regency fireplace is not equipped with a fire screen or screen door, you may order one through your local Regency dealer. You can find your local Regency dealer through our Find a Dealer page at www.regency-fire.com.
- Install a switch lock to prevent children from turning on the gas fireplace.
- Keep the gas fireplace remote control out of the reach of children.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions for the safe use and maintenance of your hearth appliance.
All hearth products need to be maintained and operated properly in order to function safely and perform at their best. To fully understand the necessary steps involved in proper operation, read the manufacturer's instruction manual and consult with your local Regency fireplace retailer for information on hearth accessories and safety products.
For additional information on hearth product safety download the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) Fireplace Safety Brochure
or visit the HPBA web site