Freestanding wood stoves can bring a timeless elegance and warmth to virtually any room; matching almost any style from contemporary-minimalist, to the warmth and comfort of rustic or traditional design. You don’t need a fireplace to enjoy the warmth and comfort of a wood fire.
Regency’s wood stoves are designed to be beautiful while enduring rugged operating conditions and are backed by the industry’s most comprehensive, limited lifetime warranty. Regency manufactures a wide variety of wood burning freestanding stoves in a variety of styles, sizes and finishes. This buyer’s guide will help you select the right wood stove for your needs.
Freestanding Wood Burning Stoves
Because they use wood as their fuel source and don’t utilize gas or oil, wood stoves reduce the dependency on high-priced, non-renewable home heating fuels and therefore have a low cost of ownership – with the main cost being firewood.
Regency’s latest wood stoves, The Regency Cascades and Pro-Series, are highly efficient triple burn stoves featuring Eco-Boost technology. With Eco-Boost technology you get longer burn times and increased fuel efficiency, which means you load your stove less, you get more heat for longer, and will save on wood costs throughout the season.
A Regency wood stove will save you money on your wood as well as allow you to turn down the furnace in your home, utilize the zone heating provided by your stove and watch your fuel bills shrink.
Industry’s Best Warranty
All Regency Fireplaces are manufactured in North America in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. When choosing to purchase a Regency wood Stove you are choosing high quality craftsmanship, top-tier materials, and industry leading support! Add the warmth and comfort of a fireplace to your home, create memories that will last a lifetime, and rest-easy knowing that your Regency wood Stove is backed by the best warranty in the industry.
Regency offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all our wood stoves as well as a 10-year 100% Warranty on the original catalytic combustor, both of which are unmatched by anyone in the industry.
We believe quality is in the details, and we work hard every day to build some of the longest-lasting and best fireplace products on the market.
Benefits of a Wood Stove
1. Highly Efficient
- Regency wood stoves are over 76% efficient. Using less wood means less chopping, less hauling, and less loading!
- Regency’s Pro-Series and Cascades Series of Wood Burning Stoves are fully EPA 2020 certified and produce less than 2.0 grams/hour of emissions – an estimated 96% reduction in emissions compared to a traditional open fireplace.
3. Minimal Renovations
- Regency wood stoves require minimal clearances, floor protection, and venting installed. This means little to no modification of your existing structure.
4. Power’s Out, Heat’s On
- All Regency wood burning stoves work safely without electricity and will continue to provide the comfort of radiant heat. Regency keeps you and your home warm, no matter the weather conditions.
5. Guaranteed Quality
- Regency Fireplace Products builds our wood stoves from scratch using premium grade raw materials and we guarantee the quality of our craftsmanship with industry’s most comprehensive warranty on both the Stove and the catalytic combustor.
Choose Your Style
Regency wood stoves come in a multitude of styles designed to integrate seamlessly into every home and match any décor.
The Ri50 brings modern Scandinavian design to North America. This 3-sided bay unit has guillotine doors for easy loading and cleaning and features optional wood storage boxes to complete the look.
The Regency Pro-Series offers a fusion of classic wood stove styling with modern, clean, square lines. These highly efficient stoves feature Eco-Boost triple burn technology resulting in long burn times, high efficiency, and emissions that exceed the EPA’s 2020 guidelines.
The Regency Cascades series is our latest update to an old classic. This traditionally styled stove brings Regency’s innovative Eco-Burn triple burn technology to a classic design that has stood the test of time.
- Viewing Area: Aside from design, one of the most important aspects of a wood stove is the viewing area. Nothing compares to the natural flickering of a wood fire, and Regency’s wood stoves aim to maximize your viewing enjoyment with large viewable areas.
- Airwash System: Regency’s Airwash system is built into all of our wood stove models. The Airwash system helps to remove build up on the glass by strategically circulating air inside the stove during combustion, resulting in decreased maintenance, glass cleaning, and ensuring the best view of your fire.
- Ash Drawers: Ash is an unavoidable byproduct of wood combustion, but ash drawers help to minimize mess and are easy to clean. Ash drawers save you time and hassle when cleaning your wood stove.
- Heavy Duty Hinges and Door Latch: Regency’s heavy duty hinges will never bend or break, meaning the door will never sag and you will continue to get an airtight seal even after 20 years. Our door latches are solid forged steel, and are adjustable, as well as replaceable. These details go into every stove Regency develops and manufactures, ensuring the stove you buy will last a lifetime.
- Easy, Safe Loading: Some Regency wood stoves are designed to be easily loaded with doors that open 170° for full un-impeded access; and feature deep fireboxes able to facilitate North-South loading (loaded into the unit straight, instead of East-West (loading sideways in the unit). With the fireboxes being deeper than it is wide, logs can be easily inserted without having to rotate. Loading this way also prevents the logs rolling towards the door, which is a great safety feature.
Types of Wood Stoves: Catalytic vs. Non-Catalytic Stoves
Regency offers two types of Wood Burning Stoves, a two-stage burn Non-Catalytic wood stove and a three-stage burn Catalytic wood stove.
On a non-catalytic stove, the airflow in the firebox is directed in such a way that fuel is burned in 2 stages: once during the initial combustion, and again when smoke is re-burned. This 2-stage burn creates greater efficiency and a spectacular fire to look at, as well as resulting in cleaner emissions. Non-catalytic stoves produce clean and efficient burns, however, they are not able to match the burn duration, fuel efficiency, and reduced emissions levels that Regency’s Catalytic Eco-Boost stoves are able to.
Pictured: Non-Catalytic Wood Stove
Catalytic Stoves featuring Eco-Boost Technology
In a catalytic stove an additional third stage is added to the burn process. After the gasses have been re-burned in stage two, they are fed through a catalytic combustor initiating a third burn and removing the majority of the remaining gasses and particulate matter. Regency’s Eco-Boost technology uses strategic air-flow management and a custom designed catalytic combustor chamber. The result is a balance of higher efficiency, cleaner combustion and maximum heat control – with less wood, less loading and less effort.
See how our customers have transformed their homes with a wood stove!
Get Inspired By Other Regency Customers
Environmentally Responsible Energy
Regency wood stoves are tested and certified to the strictest clean air standards as set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Currently our Cascades Series and Pro-Series lines are fully EPA 2020. This means they release very little particulate matter into the atmosphere, less than 2.0 grams per hour. Regency engineers have meticulously designed the firebox to generate efficient airflow around the wood, allowing it to burn more completely resulting in minimal and very fine ash. When comparing models, check the white EPA labels– a lower g/h rating means a cleaner, more efficient wood stove.
As trees grow they absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. When trees die and are left to decompose or burn in forest fires, the carbon stored within the trees is released back into the atmosphere, once again as carbon dioxide. Burning firewood produces the same amount of carbon dioxide as it has absorbed – this makes it carbon neutral. Wood is also a renewable, natural energy source. Well-managed forests are a renewable and sustainable source of energy that also helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions along with our reliance on oil and gas.
Are you ready to take the next step? Contact an authorized Regency dealer today to help you find the perfect wood stove.
Related Blog Posts
How to Burn Your Wood Stove