Location: Delta, BC
In this dynamic, fast paced environment, the Health & Safety Advisor is responsible to assist to foster and promote a positive health & safety culture. Reporting to the Occupational Health & Safety Specialist the incumbent’s responsibility includes supporting safety related education, training, employee involvement; and to implement best practice initiatives to minimize occupational risks. This role provides technical expertise to all FPI locations and to a variety of audiences, including union and non- union employees, related to health, safety and overall wellness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain professionalism and act in a manner consistent with FPI mission and guiding principles.
- Follow all Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding.
- Contribute to a positive work environment focusing on Lean and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support and assist with the development and implementation of an effective Health and Safety program in union and non-union environments, which complies with OH&S Regulations; support proactive health and safety activities; ensure effective communication
- Develop standard operating procedures related to safe work practices
- Responsible for safety program, including WHMIS and other training, hearing tests, emergency response and other safety elements as required
- Coordinate and facilitate safety and awareness training sessions for all manufacturing employees and staff including branch locations
- Coordinate and facilitate the onboarding program for Health & Safety
- Conduct hazard and risk analysis and assessments
- Coordinate and maintain contractor safety program
- Maintain Accident Investigation program; coordinate the investigation process for accidents, incidents and work stoppages
- Act as a secondary contact for Worksafe BC, Ontario and US counterparts; assist with workplace injury claims
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external providers to assist with appropriate care and services to facilitate timely and safe Return to Work program
- Participate in the development of health and safety performance measures, data collection, maintenance and interpret results to provide recommendations for management review
- Review statistics/trends on Work Safe claims, accidents and incidents for management review
- Coordinate Joint Health & Safety committee activities and provide administrative support.
- Coordinate First Aid requirements including employee certification and medical supplies
- Assist with and support team projects and duties as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Passionate about safety; proactive and provides knowledge and expertise relating to Health & Safety
- Conducts self in a professional manner and uses professional discretion when handling sensitive matters
- Maintain close working relationships to create an efficient information channel
- Liaise between departments to effectively provide relevant information
- Advise other teams of potential issues and use a cooperative approach to problem solving
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong presentation skills to lead meetings and facilitate training sessions
- Occupational Health & Safety Certificate, Diploma, or Degree
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) is an asset
- Occupational First Aid- Level 2 is an asset
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements in BC, Ontario and various locations in US is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended health & dental benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Compressed work schedules (with short Fridays)
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee events (Monthly Mingles, Summer BBQ, Holiday celebrations)
- Team Building / Health & Wellness activities
- Employee Purchase Program
- Friendly environment with Peer Recognition program
- Smart Casual dress attire
- Free coffee and parking
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Applying Online
or by email at email@example.com
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.