Location: Delta, BC
In this dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Welder is responsible for participating in a variety of the tasks and activities required to create high quality and reliable fireplace products. Ideal candidates will possess welding experience or working in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
This is a unionized position in which we offer a competitive starting wage ranging from $27.18 to $32.18 per hour (inclusive of provisional wage top-ups) dependent on experience and certifications. This position is entitled to scheduled increases, afternoon shift premiums, and up to 10% premium if assigned work on our wood lines.
Regency Fireplace Products offers extended health & dental, pension program with $2.50 per hour employer contributions, compressed work schedules, and on the job training focused on Continuous Improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles. If this position sounds like a good match with your skill set and experience, please review the full details of this position below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing Assembly and/or Sub-Assembly work in a production environment
- Welding steel of varying material types and thicknesses from 16 ga to 5/16” plate
- Performing finishing work, such as grinding
- Performing spot welding
- Performing general labour
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (occasionally)
- Ability to work closely with others in a production flow environment
- Level C Welding Ticket or Equivalent Experience
- Manufacturing/Assembly experience
- Grinding experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive wage with scheduled increases
- 3.5% Shift Premium when working our 3:15 PM to 1:45 AM Shift
- Up to 10% Premium above rate classification when welding on our wood product lines
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Pension program with $2.50 per hour employer contributions
- Compressed work schedules
- On the job training
- Employee Purchase Program
- Free coffee and parking
Hours of Work
Primary shifts are 6:00am to 3:00pm on Monday to Thursday and 6:00am to 12:00pm on Fridays or 3:15pm to 1:45am on Monday to Thursday; however alternative shifts may also be offered.
This is a unionized position.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Applying Online
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying but only short listed applicants will be contacted.