Location: Delta, BC
In this dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Journeyman Millwright is responsible for performing maintenance activities to ensure FPI’s production machinery/equipment and facilities are in continuous good working order.
We offer a competitive starting wage, extended health & dental, pension program with employer contributions, compressed work schedules, and on the job training focused on Continuous Improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles. If this position sounds like a good match with your skill set and experience, please review the full details of this position below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair production machinery/equipment in a timely manner
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration
- Complete installation projects to set up and test new manufacturing equipment
- Disassemble, relocate, and reassemble assembly lines and equipment
- Maintain inspection, calibration, and other documentation as required
- Ongoing maintenance and upkeep for the building, facilities, and grounds
- Performing research and training on various machinery/equipment as needed
- Follow all Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding
- Other related duties as specified by Supervisor
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (occasionally)
- Capable of working at heights
- Understanding of electrical control circuits
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint/schematic and engineering drawings
- Red Seal Millwright certification
- Experience with the repair and maintenance of CNC Brake Press, Turret Punch, Robotic Welding, Co2 and Fiber Optic powered lasers, and other manufacturing equipment
Hours of Work
Primary shifts are 2:30pm to 1:00am on Monday to Thursday; however alternative shifts may also be offered.
This is a unionized position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive wage with scheduled increases
· Extended health & dental benefits
· Pension program with employer contributions
· Compressed work schedules
· On the job training
· Employee Purchase Program
· Free coffee and parking
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Applying Online
or by Email
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.