Location: Delta, BC
It is an exciting time of growth for Regency’s product development team, our brand new custom designed R&D lab building has just been opened. This building encompasses 11,000 square feet of space dedicated to product design, prototyping, testing and certification. The R&D team enjoys the benefit of utilizing our advanced manufacturing facility, lab workshop and test equipment to build prototypes, test, modify and refine products for mass production.
The R&D Lab Coordinator supports our lab technicians, engineers and designers to prototype and test industry leading innovations in fireplace design and construction. Working to relevant industry standards to build and maintain test stands and apparatus critical to testing the safety, combustion efficiency and durability of new products.
The R&D Lab Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring FPI’s lab completes testing objectives as planned and on schedule. This includes building and maintaining testing cells and booths, assembly and fabrication of prototypes and test-units, and the preparation of testing materials. This position is also responsible for maintaining the lab’s testing equipment, workshop and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong mechanical aptitude and is proficient with a variety hand tools. In addition, the incumbent should be a self-starter with strong communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package including extended health & dental, RRSP matching, and profit-sharing. If this position sounds like a good match with your skill set and experience, please review the full details of this position below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain testing cells/booths to specification, in order to create regulated testing environments
- Prepare materials and set up testing workspaces
- Assemble prototypes and test-units for new and existing products
- Perform fabrication/modification as needed to adapt prototypes and test-units
- Maintain testing equipment/tools, including the coordination of external calibration requirements
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of laboratory supplies; track lab inventory of units and parts
- Ensure laboratory is tidy, organized and operating efficiently
- Ensure testing infrastructure and workshop equipment is well maintained
- Become familiar with FPI’s product lines, manufacturing methods and processes
- Maintain professionalism and act in a manner consistent with FPI mission and guiding principles.
- Follow all Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding
- Contribute to a positive work environment focusing on Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Other related duties as required
- Computer literacy; including MS Office
- Carpentry skills; proficient with hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude; with an ability to make/modify parts for test-units
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) in English
- Self-starter, with a team oriented perspective
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical training in a hands-on field is an asset
- Previous experience working within a lab or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with welding, framing or sheet metal fabrication is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended health & dental benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Compressed work schedules (with short Fridays)
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee events (Monthly Mingles, Summer BBQ, Holiday celebrations)
- Team Building / Health & Wellness activities
- Employee Purchase Program
- Friendly environment with Peer Recognition program
- Smart Casual dress attire
- Free coffee and parking
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Applying Online
or by Email
. We thank all applicants for applying but only short listed applicants will be contacted.