Location: Delta, BC
Our R&D team operates from a brand new 11,000 square foot lab dedicated to the design, testing and certification of fireplace products. Utilizing our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and lab workshop you will be involved in building and modifying prototypes, constructing test booths and performing tests to ensure our new products meet relevant industry standards. Gathering data, recording observations, assisting with data analysis and technical report writing provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of innovative, industry leading products and provides hands-on experience of the full product development cycle.
The R&D Lab Tech will play an integral role in the development and certification of innovative new fireplaces from prototype to mass manufacturing, ensuring that they are safe, efficient and provide customers with many years of enjoyable ownership.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and takes a systematic approach to achieve results. Our lab technicians ensure that Regency products adhere to a complex set of regulatory & environmental standards spanning multiple countries. To meet this challenge, we offer in-house certification/training to all team members, to ensure they have the necessary tools to advance in this fascinating field.
We offer a competitive compensation package including extended health & dental, RRSP matching, and profit-sharing. If this position sounds like a good match with your skill set and experience, please review the full details of this position below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow standard testing and set up procedures
- Build test booths to create regulated testing environments
- Assist in the construction of prototypes
- Collect data and record observations through the testing period
- Participate in results analysis; recommend changes to improve results
- Provide written technical reports to document outcomes
- Assist in benchmarking competitors’ products and maintaining a reference library
- Assist with field return analyses & root cause investigations
- Maintain professionalism and act in a manner consistent with FPI mission and guiding principles.
- Follow all Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding
- Contribute to a positive work environment focusing on Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure workplace is organized and tidy
- Other related duties as required
- Ability to research information
- Understanding of basic engineering principles
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles (ie. combustion, heat transfer, thermodynamics)
- Understanding of basic standards for testing environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Hands-on approach, with a mechanical aptitude
- Interest in product testing, research and development and problem solving
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) in English
- Engineering Technologist Diploma (or higher) required
- Demonstrated hands one experience running tests and working on prototypes in a workshop/lab environment
- Experience with wood combustion and efficiency is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended health & dental benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Compressed work schedules (with short Fridays)
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee events (Monthly Mingles, Summer BBQ, Holiday celebrations)
- Team Building / Health & Wellness activities
- Employee Purchase Program
- Friendly environment with Peer Recognition program
- Smart Casual dress attire
- Free coffee and parking
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Applying Online
or by email at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying but only short listed applicants will be contacted.